The Southern Select Alpaca Show
Southern Select Alpaca Show
March 7 - 8, 2015
Sevierville Events Center • Sevierville, TN
Free to Public!
14th annual Southern Select Alpaca Show
March 7 - 8 , 2015
Sevierville Events Center in Sevierville,Tennessee.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
ALL SPONSORS WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE INTO THE BUILDING NEAR STALLS TO UNLOAD...stop all that shlepping and sign up as a sponsor today!!
- Lower Pricing on Fleece, Spin-off and Fiber Arts Entries! Fleece - only $20 per entry, Spin-off only $26, Fiber Arts only $10 per entry,
- Enter 3 Fleece, spin-off, Fiber Arts, Skein or Photo entries and get 4th entry FREE.
- Fiber Arts and Skein Competition. (Please note that the Mill Skein Competition catagories/classes have been changed to perform a more specific judging style geared toward mill production - AOA approved. Which Mill does it best???
- Sunday Breakfast fleece show winners presentation. (2 Free Breakfast tickets will be given to all exhibitors that purcahase at least one stall. Please note you must register for the tickets during registration to recieve them in your packs. Extra tickets will also be available for purchase at the show for $10 each)
(The Public does not have to register, this is for farms exhibiting alpacas, fleeces, entering the photo contest or vendors)
SPONSOR TODAY! Sign as a Sponsor early, get discounts and take advantage of more marketing opportunities. For sonsor benefits, click here
- FREE to PUBLIC! (Public does not need to register)
Hours open to Public: Saturday, March 7 from 9-5. Sunday, March 8 from 9-3.
Highlights for Public: Meet the alpaca up close, Experienced breeders available to answer all your questions, Learn about the fiber arts through free classes & demonstrations. Shopping! Georgeous, lush alpaca products and fiber arts supplies for sale. Bring your spinning wheels, knitting and Crochet needles and give alpaca a whirl in our free spinning/fiber circle hosted by Alpaca Fiber Solutions.
Free Spinners/Project Circle
Bring your wheel or spindle to sample FREE spinning fibers that we've created, as well as a small buffett you may not have tried before. Not interested in spinning? That's okay, just bring whatever fibery project you are working on and join us for conversation, sharing and companionship.
- Making a bird nesting ball (30-45 mins)
- Soap Felting (40-45 mins)
- Carding an embellished alpaca fiber batt (45-60 mins)
- Needle felting a simple cat toy (30-45 mins)
- Knitting with fiber (45-60 mins)
- Triloom weaving (60+ mins)
- More infomation on class schedules, click here. Sign up is at the show.
Let's fill the house!!
We invite you to join us MARCH 7 – 8, 2015 in Sevierville, TN for one of the premier halter and fleece show in the nation, featuring a level V Halter show and Level III Fleece Show.
Want more attention brought to your winning fleeces? In 2015 we will again be hosting a fleece show. NEW...NO MORE MAIL-IN ONLY, NOW YOU CAN BRING YOUR FLEECES TO THE SHOW ON FRIDAY! Fleeces will be judged and presented at a winners presentation while a free breakfast is served on Sunday morning! Don't miss this opportunity to bring attention to quality of fleeces your alpacas are producing.
The Herd Sire Breedings Auction will be a Live Auction held Saturday immediately following the close of the halter rings for the day. Don't go anywhere, cocktails and appetizers will be served in the transformed performance ring during the live herdsire auction.
Old favorites such as the Hand-Crafter's Spin-off and Photo Contest are all still a big part of the festivities. Lots of great vendors and fiber activities all under one roof, this is sure to be fun for all! And kids, don't forget the Absolutely Huge Indoor Water Park at the hotel connected to the Events Center.
The venue is tucked in the Smokey Mountains near the resort town of Pigeon Forge. Loads of activities and attractions in the area already command a large number of public.
The SeAA represents alpaca owners and breeders in the Southeast from the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Sign as a Sponsor early, get discounts and take advantage of more marketing opportunities.
- Halter Registraion, click here
- Vendor Registration, click here.
- Photo Contest Registration, click here.
- Silent Auction Donation, click here.
- Fiber Arts/Skein Competition, click here
Judges Assignments - Saturday
Judges Assignments - Sunday
Fiber Arts and Hand Spun Skein Judge
Mill Spun Skein Judge